Sunday, April 12, 2015

Plasture Relief

I was assigned in my art class to make a plasture relief on something, but the figure could not be a geometrical figure such a phone, a computer,  you know flat stuff because that would be being lazy, so you need to do an organic form, and a lot the people used a loophole and every body started to carve trees in the plasture. Me, on the other hand, I value originality over easiness, so I came out with the idea to carve the god Quetzalcoatl with a backgorund with the Popocatepetl and the Iztlaccihuatl (Cool, isn't it?).
So I drew an sketch and it resulted pretty good. Next period I took a cardboard box and took it to the class, so the teacher would put plasture on it and the result would be a flat plasture block, but like always happens with great monuments (such the Golden Gate, the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, or the Panama Canal) there was a problem when the teacher put the plasture on box. Due to the fact that the box that I took was from a puzzle box, and was all crappy, the plasture wetted the box, and it started to leak from the corners, eventually leading to an uneven surface.
I didn't mind a lot about the irregularity of the surface, so I marked the drawing that I made to the plasture. The relief is due for Tuesday April 14th, 2015, and in the same day I have more (way, way, way more) important stuff due on the same day such a quiz in Precal, and a test in Biology AP, and I almost half done. Next entry I will update a photo about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment